WELCOME!

Stay awhile and please come back often!

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Born to Be Wild!

Last week Jonah learned how to ride his bike sans the training wheels. Both McKenna and Jonah has been concerned about falling and so had convinced themselves that they could not ride unassisted. One of Jonah's friends has a small bike that I felt Jonah could ride if he tried, and I was right. He got on and with a little nudge was off and riding. After taking a few spins up and down the street he asked if I could take the training wheels off of his bike. I got them off and he quite easily was riding on his own. We went over the rules of riding, ie: always wear shoes that cover your toes (no bare feet or flip flops), always wear a helmet and always let parents know where you are going. He was following the first two rules great, however he had a bit of trouble remembering the third. With his new found freedom, he decided to go exploring and visit Dad at his office which is 17 blocks from our home. We only knew he was on his way when a neighbor saw him and called us. By the time Shawn was able to intercept him he was only 1 block from his destination. When Shawn asked him where he was headed he said "I was coming to see you Dad, and it was fun!" We love our little explorer's adventurous spirit and have reviewed in detail the rules for riding and reiterated that freedom comes with responsibility.

8 comments:

Lucky Me said...

Yeah for Jonah!!! We are still working on Benji. However, can you reitterate your three rules again please...from the clip it appears that the only one he is following is the third. hehehe Love ya ;P

shelley said...

this is how one gets gray hairs early :) congrats jonah on a huge, yet fun accomplishment!

Lucky Me said...

Okay, I thought you saaid you were going to update your blog...Your phrase at the top of the page says something like "come back often" well...give me something to come back for. Love ya, see you next week ;-}

Lucky Me said...

Oh yeah, can you take the "blog owner approval" off your comments? I like the instant gratification I get when I post comments. Thanks ;)

Lucky Me said...

I'm so glad you love me as much as you do or else you would probably be really annoyed that I am commenting again but I am supposed to be cleaning for when Gary's parents get here tomorrow but I really don't feel like it...Man, that was a really long sentence.

shelley said...

hey all! how is that sweet little baby to be doing? please post soon with all the happy updates, namely the name! i have a great gift in mind! happy holidays :) love the Moore4

Lucky Me said...

Didn't you have a baby, or somehtinglike that? Don't you have anything new to blog about???

Lucky Me said...

Okay, seriously...No Willow on the blog???